Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical
Michael earned his MSW in 1995 from the University of Maryland and his LCSW-C in 1997. He completed a year-long Certificate Program in Child & Adolescent Treatment from the University of Maryland in 1996. He also completed a year-long, 30 credit Certificate Program in Chemical Dependency Counseling in 1992. Additionally, he has done graduate work in Theology at The Ecumenical Institute of St. Mary’s Seminary with an emphasis on Spirituality and Pastoral Counseling.
Michael started his career as a Child Therapist at The Kennedy Krieger Institute. He then transitioned to School-Based Mental Health through the University of Maryland, and later Baltimore City and Baltimore County Public Schools. Prior to joining Congruent Counseling, Michael spent 18 years doing Mood, Anxiety, and Addictions Treatment with adults at Sheppard Pratt Hospital. Michael’s clinical approach is eclectic; combining client-centered and strengths-based approaches with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and motivational interviewing techniques to help clients negotiate challenges and optimize their functioning.
Michael works with children, adolescents, and adults.
Morning (including 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.), afternoon, and some evening appointments are available.
Areas of interest include:
- Mood Disorders (Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Suicidality)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Substance Abuse (including Co-occurring Disorders)
- High School/College Prep Anxiety
- Parenting and Parent-Child Relationship problems
- School and IEP Coordination
- Couples and Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Self-Esteem and Core Belief Therapy
- Spirituality and Pastoral Counseling